Thursday, March 01, 2007

I need a break!




“It's the perfect time of day
To throw all your cares away
Put the sprinkler on the lawn
And run through with my gym shorts on
Take a drink right from the hose
And change into some drier clothes
Climb the stairs up to my room
Sleep away the afternoon”…

…. is from a song called Pinch Me...and I have been listening to this song from morning and my strong desire to take a weeks off from work keeps intensifying every minute.



I can’t remember when was the last time I took a fresh deep breath or smelled the sea. I can’t remember when was the last time I slept under the open sky while staring at the starts or took time out to look at the clouds and imagine them to look like santa or a smiling child’s face. Wonder when was the last time I opened the old box in the cupboard and looked at the old chocolate paper covers and get nostalgic about those fond memories. I just want to get away somewhere alone, to someplace quite. I really need a break from keyboards and telephones. I want to take a break from the routine and just enjoy the simple things in life if not for any exotic place for holiday. I hope my manager reads this and feels pity on me and grants me a weeks off..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home